What Is Black Mold?
In Connecticut, Massachusetts or elsewhere, you may have seen sensational news reports that warn about the dangers of “black mold” or “toxic mold”. These reports can be alarming and confusing. They are not “fake news”. You're best off getting more facts to better understand mold.
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold that mold remediation specialists often refer to as black mold. Black mold produces allergens and irritants. However, many other types of mold can produce allergens and irritants. SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield recommends you treat any mold with caution. Stay out of mold-affected areas. Do not touch or disturb the mold. And learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Bloomfield / Enfield immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (860) 216-2785
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bloomfield / Enfield is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Granby
- North Granby
- East Granby